I've recently been exploring the notion of my sexuality as I have always known it, and (perceived) disposition toward bdsm, d/s.
I was young when I began to think these thoughts (around 7), it was odd to me that no one else did, or even think of anything sexual, generally speaking until a few years later.
There was a particular catalyst that piqued my interest at the above mentioned age, and as such, I always perceived my sexuality to be predisposed. What I am beginning to wonder; why was the catalyst taken and used so young? (Before I ceased talking to my friends about it) When I spoke to my friends at that age none of them accepted the stimuli and allowed it to alter their later developing sexuality. So why mine?
So i wonder, am i physiologically predisposed; or was the catalyst taken and used for entirely environmental reasons?

This has all seemed fairly subjective to me in the past, however I've always liked to know the 'whys' that shaped my life; and this, bdsm was one of the largest catalysts in affecting many of my decisions over the last 21 years.