I speak not to those who are unowned, uncollared, or to those who do not own or possess a submissive of their own. I speak to those of you who know the bliss of ownership from both sides of the collar.

The online community is something that is sorely misjudged every day in physical society. People go online and spend years courting a partner now, both in BDSM and Vanilla lifestyles, and go on to have successful lives together. Yet, through immature behavior, we constantly invalidate the viability of our virtual community as a social medium.

To those of us on top: Where is your pride? Where is your honor? Every day, I watch submissives misbehave on this site as though they had no leadership at all. How is it that we have allowed ourselves to encourage brattiness as something to be worn as a badge of pride. Brattiness is something that should never be confused with playfulness. Brattiness is disrespectful at best, and abhorrent. It is something that I would expect out of a pampered little princess who has never been given a firm and unbending "NO!". It goes against everything we as the leaders train our charges to be. Their behavior is a reflection of our honor, our leadership, and our training. Yet there are those of us who sit idly by and find humor in such behavior, forgetting that we are constantly evaluated and judged by our more honor-bound peers. Do we think that we are islands unto ourselves that can withstand the reputation which comes with allowing an unruly sub or slave to even access the internet and embarrass us? Have we no shame at all anymore?

For those of you who wear the collars... where is your pride in your Master or Sir? Would you so willingly disrespect him to his face? If not, then how can you come on here, representing his values and his teachings, and violate them so willingly by misbehaving and then hiding behind your collar saying "See this? That means you can't touch me no matter what I do or say."

What happened to the training? What happened to the lessons that were learned on the receiving end of a whip, paddle, or a hand... or in some cases... the lessons learned on racks and crosses and wheels, lessons that were sometimes spent as much as a week in learning. Little ones, you have a responsibility to uphold the teachings you were given in all that you do. You have a responsibility to uphold the honor of the person for whom you wear that collar. These are responsibilities that some of you fall terribly short in meeting.

This brings me to two final questions for those of you on both sides of the collar: Is this a responsibility that you are even willing to acknowledge? If so... what are you going to do in the future to meet that responsibility head on and do it true justice?