Heh, this'll probably seem pretty silly, but...

Speaking as someone who has just recently come to realize an interest in bdsm, I am not yet comfortable with the thought of declaring myself this or that and then running out to find my self a master or servant respectively. I have noticed a lot of people came into their 'selves' under the guidance of someone else, but I have stumbled onto this on my own and I trust my self more than anyone else to keep me safe while I'm learning. I do however wish to explore my own interests, and get some ideas, so the question here is...

Would anyone here be willing to talk about their favorite forms of masturbation that include bdsm elements (or just in general, I'm not that particular )
Or even any of the non sexual activities you experimented with while you were attempting to decide what was most comfortable/interesting for you?

I have found that lovely hard limit list in one of the other threads and it is turning out to be a good starting point. Unfortunately a lot of those seem like couple (or group) activities, so I am looking for activities that are solitary in nature until I know where I am and can decide what I am looking for in someone else. I wish to have a clear idea of my boundaries before I let anyone else play on my field.

Some experimentation seems in order, so any advice in this matter would be appreciated.