After having nothing to do with this lifestyle for the past 2-3 years I no longer own any type of toys, restraints, or anything like that. I have been recently attending more play parties in my local scene, usually I just go to socialize but sometimes I want to play. For the most part public play is just not my things though. Occasionally I meet someone I think it would be fun to play with that night but sometimes we just don't have anything with use. At least with the people around here there is almost always someone willing to lend to a paddle or a flogger or something but I really hate having to do that. So I was thinking I need to make myself a toy bag, not just hope the Dom I want to play with has one. Besides sometimes I like to be a little bloody at the end and it would be comforting to know exactly where what did it has been and exactly how well it was cleaned.

I am a little stuck though on what I really should buy. I never switch so have no idea how to use most of the things I like used on me. I have debated having someone show me how but I just really really don't want to hit anyone LOL. Since I don't know how to use these things I would assume not every Dom out there knows how to use all of them either and I don't want to end up with someone trying something out for the first time on me without any instruction just because it was there. That could end very badly. I figure I should get some type of restraints for myself but not sure what to get, I was thinking a leather cuff set would be simple and versatile, and once again I wouldn't have to worry about someone who doesn't know rope that well injuring me.

I don't have much disposable income right now so this would be a slow work in progress so advice on where to start would be great but I also just really want to know what you carry with you. I currently have a few first aid supplies but thats not really a play party thing, thats just a I always have first aid stuff with me.

Please don't get the idea from some of the stuff I wrote here I recklessly play with strangers. With someone new if I don't know the person several people I do know have to vouch for them. Honestly though I don't venture out from a few people I know well very often.