As I am relatively new to the forums I have been skipping around a lot, between threads, to kind of get a feel for the place. While browsing I came across a comment from an author saying he would never post a partial story again, he would always wait until the story was finished before posting in future.

I was wondering what everyone else thinks of this?

I always like for stories to be openended, my imagination can then continue with the story and the plight of the poor girl (my preference) can continue. I prefer stories to just stop being written, rather than summed up and all loose ends tied up in one last hurried chapter after the author has lost interest in the story. But I digress.

I have no problem with stories being submitted chapter by chapter, as long as the interval is not excessive (ie. months) and the chapter is sufficiently long. I dislike having a new chapter of a story submitted only to have it take me all of five minutes to read.

So what is everyone's preference. Would you prefer to wait for the author to finish the story before submitting or would you rather read the story as it progresses?

Jason