Quote Originally Posted by thir View Post
I am personally very uncomfortable comparing views on bringing up children with a D's relationship. I know that descriptions on training slaves can sometimes sound a bit like bringing up children, but unless it is in fact age play, I personally need to stress the difference between children and adults. They are two very different situations.

Oh of course they are, though I figured that analogy was preferable to animal training ones lol.

Having said that, I do think I know what you are aiming at. Yes, within the bounderies of the D's relationship it behoves the dom to keep his er her sub in line. That is the long and short of it. There is a time to talk, and a time to stop talking and start taking control.

This can only be done, though, if they are largely on the same page, (understand each other) and they have to know each other quite well, (ummm not in my experience...if the top knows what they are doing, its a non-issue even with the most casual of partners), especially if you have to 'get tough' mentally or physically. From this perspective I do also understand your view on 'topping from the bottom' - with the disclaimer that it is only functional relationships where it can be done. And non-functional relationships may be the dom, or it may be the combination of the people involved.

Your missing my real point...being that "topping from the bottom" as its called and commonly understood, is a misrepresentation of whats actually happening within the D/s dynamic at the time... a miss-matching between two individuals as to who is dominating whom and isnt the "fault" of the submissive.

I also agree we are getting sidetracked with the discussion about topping from the bottom anyways.