Quote Originally Posted by this.is.me View Post
Its kinda sounding like the whole appeal of a bratty sub is to break that out of them. Which just confuses me even more.
That's because you're confusing role playing with real motives.

When "bratty" is a relationship style, rather than an attention getting ploy, it's what thir calls the game of crime and punishment.The slave serves the Owner by providing a constant supply of excuses to punish hir. If that doesn't make sense to you, because (a) a sub should want to be, well, submissive, and (b) a Dom shouldn't need an excuse if sie wants to tan a slave's hide, just accept that it's a different way of doing D/s.

(Though not exactly a brat, the heroine of "Secretary," in the last scene showing her married life with her Master, gives a lovely demonstration of point (b). She makes the bed perfectly, as a good slave should... then puts a dead roach on his pillow, to complete her service by giving him a reason to beat her.)

When I've enjoyed the use of bratty subs, the last thing I wanted to do was to succeed in beating it out of them: that would ruin the fun. "Trying" to, in the confident knowledge that I wouldn't succeed, now that was fun.