When i first joined this site and made it known that both i and my Dom are very new to this lifestyle i received many offers of help from others. We have both learned a great deal from those who made those offers and find those interactions to provide feedback and information very attuned with what we are looking for.

This site includes a wide variety of people and therefore an amazing opportunity to gain great perspectives. However, as a wise friend of mine is quick to point out "there is no ONE RIGHT WAY" for this lifestyle. If you refrain from asking questions and seeking input or advice you may well miss the things that would help you make your Dom/sub relationship the best it can be.

Asking here was a great start and hopefully your question will free others to ask more questions. One of the Doms earlier in this tread mentioned seeking a mentoring type relationship with someone whom you respect. I agree with this whole heartedly. By reading through the forums and spending time in the chat room you will quickly find which people you gravitate toward. Most of the time if you PM that person and respectfully ask for help they will respond positively.

Finally, by not asking or seeking to learn throughout your relationships you take the risk of allowing your Dom/sub relationship to stagnate. That would be a shame.

Thanks for asking this question - i know i'm learning from the responses!