I took some time and gave this question a bit of thought.

The first thing I realized was that I have not been gifted with the language skills for the task.

The second was that this is a intensely personal question I stuck my two cents into, and difficult to answer without being a bit revealing. I don't consider myself a "Dom". but rather a sensual sadist. But I do dominate so perhaps one small example may be relevant.

I can be a bit predatory in my approach. First I tell her exactly what I am about to do to her. I enjoy the mixed look of fear and desire in her eyes, savor it like a candy. Once I order her to her pole, I circle as if sizing up my prey, force her to lower her gaze. It is very primal energy I feel at that point something ancient, something hot that makes the blood boil, then its time to violate her space. As I step close behind just not touching. I breath and I wait. The first thing I'm looking for is the tell. whether it be a shiver, short rapid breaths, lip biting, its a tell that says she has just realized she is about to be taken and surrendered to it. Its a delicious moment. I describe it as delicious because it feeds my hunger for the submission. It fans the flames for the possession to come.

I don't know if I have helped answer you question in any way. If I have not it may help to think of it as Bambi vs Wolf, from the Wolfs point of view.

Bear